Useful Professional Links

Come across useful links for your Hall? Please let us know using the Contact Form and we will add them to the list below:

The Charity Commission The Charity Commission

This body is the independent regulator for charitable activity. It exists to ensure legal compliance, enhance accountability, encourage effectiveness and impact, and promote the public interest, trust and confidence in charity. Click on the above logo to go to the Charity Commission website or Telephone: 0300 066 9197

Gloucestershire Rural Community Council (GRCC) Gloucestershire Rural Community Council

The GRCC provides bespoke support and advice to Village and Community Halls across the county. GRCC is part of a network of 38 Rural Community Councils across England and is a member of ACRE (the national umbrella for RCCs) and SWAN (South West ACRE Network).

Action with Rural Communities in England (ACRE) ACRE - Action with Communities in Rural England

A comprehensive site with plenty of information concerning the running of Village and Community Halls. They also have a wide range of publications giving advice and templates for all manner of documents and guidelines pertaining to Hall administration.

The Severn Wye Energy Agency (SWEA)Severn Wye Energy Agency

The SWEA can offer halls advice on installing energy efficiency and renewable technology measures. Click on the Severn Wye Energy Agency logo

Gloucestershire VCS AllianceGloucestershire VCS Alliance

The GVCS produces the Funding Opportunities Bulletin on behalf of Gloucestershire County Council with potential funding streams from all over the country. This is in the form of a downloadable PDF document and is updated monthly. You can sign up for an email alert when the new Bulletin has been uploaded.